Weaver Architects' client ATS Automation is located in a historic Renton building that was built in 1918. The brick building originally housed an electrical substation for the Milwaukee Railroad, and was converted into an office building in 1977. The initial expansion work included a 7,400-square-foot addition as well as seismic upgrades to the existing building. A new elevator was added to serve all four floors, and accessible restrooms were added to each floor. The second 10,000-square-foot addition, adjacent to the north side of the building, included additional office space, a fitness room, restrooms, and supply distribution space.
Phase 1 photography by Steve Keating Photography; Phase 2 photography by Andrew Buchanan/SLP